Summer went by fast and now it’s time to face the fact that school is a couple of weeks away. Whether you are starting your first day of college, your first day of high school, or flying across the country to study abroad (that’s me) it all seems the same. We are all nervous, but we are all excited for the new adventures in store for us this year! Deciding to study abroad is probably the best decision I have made in a long time. My schedule is completely full of trips and adventures, but I also need to focus on why I am truly there: SCHOOL, LEARNING, MY MAJOR! I am a PR major and I plan to be a PR for entertainment. Due to my major being in high demand, students with international experiences usually get better offers on jobs in the future. I plan on moving to New York City or to Europe after college. Now let’s focus on helping you! I have put together a list of BASIC things you probably need for your first day of school!
- A good planner! I have relied on my planner all year during my first year of college. It is my BIBLE! I write everything in it: tests, vacations, projects, sorority events, and much more. It just keeps me extremely organized and helps me avoid over booking and keeps my time managed. I suggest you buy the Lilly Pulitzer Medium sized Agenda. It is probably the most durable and cutest planners I have ever used. It has cute stickers and folders (which I use A LOT).
- A RELIABLE backpack! Freshman year I bought a north face and I am serious that north face still looks brand new. It carries EVERYTHING! This year, since I’m studying abroad, I decided to get a more stylish backpack since I’ll be traveling the entire time! The backpack I purchased was the “Michael Kors Nylon Large Backpack”
- If you’re going off to college, Definitely a shower caddy. For the first two weeks of college I lived in a dorm where I shared my bathroom with four other girls: TORTURE. I bought a shower caddy and it was the best investment. I was always worried that someone was going to use my stuff or that I’d lose it so the shower caddy made it easier to keep everything together and easier to carry in and out of the bathroom. After that I moved to a different dorm where I had my own bathroom even though I didn’t need the caddy anymore I left it in my bathroom to keep things organized.
- Of course a laptop. I suggest purchasing a macbook pro!
- Good walking shoes! I really love the knitted Nike Free runs.
Again, these are BASIC items you’ll probably need your first day of college, high school, or studying abroad!
If you have any other tips please comment below!