So it’s coming down to the end of Summer A session for most of us and now it’s our favorite time of the year: FINALS! I have been researching a bunch of different tips and tricks to keep me stress free through finals.
- Attend a study session, find friends within your class and study together, Email/Meet with your professor : Trust me these are key to getting a good grade on your finals. I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep in contact with your professors. You need to make yourself known to your professor so he/she can pick you out of the crowd and say “that person is motivated”
- Make a plan/ Calendar: setting everything up and putting it all down on a calendar has really minimized my stress. Seeing everything laid out on a paper and organizing study times, sessions, test times really made it easy for me to change from one subject to another.
- NAP!!!! Napping is extremely necessary for me. If I do not nap in the middle of the day I am guaranteed to fail my exams. Make sure to get sleep during exams, even if you pull an all nighter, try to fit in at least an hour of sleep!
- Eat and drink more than sugar products and coffee! Eating properly helps the brain and helps your memory. Eating pasta the day before a test always helps you remember the material.
- Turn off electronics. Yes this one is very difficult but you NEED to put your phone away and turn it off, turn off the TV, the music, and maybe take a break from your laptop. These are the main distractions I have when I am studying.
- Take frequent breaks! Go for a walk or maybe get coffee/smoothies with a friend. If you cram a lot of information in one sitting, you’re most likely going to forget everything you just read/studied.
Check my RECIPE page for some study snacks and meals